Ms. Swatantrata M. Sharma
Assistant Professor & HOD of Botany
M.Sc., M.P. SLET, M.Ed
Welcome to Department of Botany
- Established year-2006 under RTMNU, Nagpur.The College is one of the oldest pure Science Academic college in Ramtek Tehsil, Dist Nagpur.
- Course offered – B.Sc. Three year Degree course Semester Pattern.
- Course Structure: -
Syllabus:- As per UGC recommendations and adopted by the R. T. M. Nagpur University
SEMESTER I:- Two Papers( 50 marks each), Paper I Viruses, Prokaryotes & Algae Paper II Fungi, Lichen, Plant Pathology & Bryophyte
SEMESTERII:- Two Papers( 50 marks each),Paper I Pteridophyta& Gymnosperms Paper II Palaeobotany& Morphology of Angiosperms
SEMESTER III:- Two Papers( 50 marks each), Paper I Angiosperm Taxonomy Paper II Cell Biology, Plant Breeding & Evolution
SEMESTER IV:- Two Papers( 50 marks each), Paper I Angiosperm Anatomy & Embryology Paper II Genetics & Molecular Biology
SEMESTER V:- Two Papers( 50 marks each), Paper I Biochemistry & Plant Physiology-I Paper II Plant Ecology I
SEMESTER VI:- Two Papers( 50 marks each), Paper I Plant Physiology II & Biotechnology Paper II Plant Ecology II, Techniques & Ethno botany
- Number of Academic Support Staff
- Contributory Teaching Staff- 2
- Lab Assistant -1
- Lab Attendant-1
2) Method Adopted for Teaching Learning.
We provide instruction in all three of the major learning modes.
- Auditory mode- Lecture, Group Discussion, Seminar, etc.
- Visual Mode- OHP,Slides, Models, Field Trip, Projects, etc.
- Manipulation- by Hand/Exercise/Self Practice.”KarkeSikhnekiPrakriya”
3) Facilities Available.
- i) Departmental Library
- ii) Teachers personal Notes
- Personal Attention to each and every student in classroom as well as Lab.
- Remedial classes for weak students.
- Specific guidance to scorer students.
- Guidance and counselling given about career opportunities available/placement options.
- outdoor excursions.
- Well-equipped and furnished Lab.(Ex. Centrifuge, Autoclave, Incubator, Oven, etc.)
- Promotes Drawing for understanding the plant structure in several ways.
4)Aim and Objectives
- i) To impact integral education of the highest standard, sound learning, buildup character and instill highest scientific value.
- ii) To instill love for nature in the young mind.
iii) To inoculate environmental awareness.
5) Achievements:-Maximum students, score maximum marks in subject, every year and in every semester.
6) Future Plan:-To Established a botanical garden having maximum medicinal/Herbal Plant found in Ramtek Tehsil, Dist Nagpur.